The Broadneck Athletic Department promotes and fosters a rigorous and diverse athletic program which compliments the academic excellence of our student-athletes.
AACPS Winter Sports Communication
- The MPSSAA winter sport season is scheduled to run from December 7, 2020, through February 13, 2021.
- AACPS Athletics Points of Emphasis are Participation, School-Community Engagement, and Social-emotional Support.
- Please understand that AACPS opening up registration for winter sports does not guarantee we will have in-person activities this season. Based on the current metrics in our county, we believe we may be starting the winter season virtually. While it is our goal to engage with student-athletes in-person, we want families to be aware of the reality that winter sports may start and or remain virtual throughout the season. Our level of involvement is contingent upon a collaborative effort between the school system and the Department of Health to monitor and evaluate COVID-19 health and safety metrics, including the case incidence rate (the average number of new cases per 100,000 residents over a seven-day period).
- Communication on the current status of our sports programs will come from the AACPS Office of Athletics in conjunction with the AACPS Communications Office. Schools will not make county-wide announcements on their own. They will provide status updates and information provided by the county to their coaches and communities as soon as they become available.
- Athletes who want to participate in the winter season are expected to register and begin attending sessions when the season starts (whether virtual or in-person). Attendance will be taken at all sessions.
- Broadneck high school will be opening winter sports registration for student-athletes on November 20, 2020. We are doing so in order to be prepared to engage with student-athletes both virtually and in-person (when it is safe to do so). Once open, registration closing will be based on numbers, staffing, and other school-based factors. In the event the winter season transitions from virtual to in-person, schools may, but are not required to, reopen registration. Those decisions will be made at the school level and will depend on registration and virtual participation numbers at the time.
- FamilyID Registration Site
- Pre-Participation Physical
- Available Urgent Care Sports Physicals
- MPSSAA Two-Semester Plan
- For more information please visit: https://www.aacps.org/Page/8719
- Please email the head coach of specific programs if there are questions that pertain only to that sport. There contact information can be found by clicking here: Head Coaches Directory .
Please note that all students planning to participate in our winter sports program must separately register for the sport in which they plan to participate. This is a separate registration from all others that have been open this year. All student athletes planning to participate in a winter sport must register at: https://www.familyid.com/organizations/broadneck-high-school
Our winter sports season will begin virtually on Monday December 7th. In order to participate all athletes must have completed the FamilyID registration process no later than 11pm on December 6th and provided evidence of a physical evaluation completed by a medical professional dated after June 1, 2020. No hard copies of the physical will be accepted. Students are able to participate in the virtual sessions without an approved physical, but must be registered. If we were to move to in person sessions an approved physical is required for participation.
The physical should be done using the approved AACPS physical form and it must be:
- complete, including clearance to participate in sports.
- signed and stamped by the physician.
- Physicals should be submitted electronically as you are registering your child for their specific fall sport. If a physical was submitted upon registering for fall sports earlier in the summer and it was approved, it is valid for the entire SY 2020-2021.
- Hard copies of physicals will NOT be accepted. Uploading them electronically when registering is the preferred method, but if necessary they can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Notice of approval of both registrations and physicals will be sent from Broadneck’s athletic department throughout the registration period.
- No student will be able to participate (if we move to in person) without a completed registration (needed for virtual participation) and an approved physical.
- Physicals should NOT be given to individual sport coaches at any time.