General Information and Rationale
The Broadneck Athletic Department promotes and fosters a rigorous and diverse athletic program which compliments the academic excellence of our student-athletes. It is our goal to offer participation opportunities, a sense of school-community engagement, and social-emotional support to all involved. After more than six months since spring season practices and scrimmages abruptly ended last March, AACPS Athletics feels honored to have the opportunity to safely re engage with student-athletes, both on our campuses and virtually. We are transitioning to a return to high school athletics in way that may not feel “normal,” but we are excited to move forward. We will be following approved “out-of-season” procedures and protocols that have been vetted by health department officials. We want to be clear that there is no pressure for anyone to participate in these sessions. Participation in our fall semester plans is voluntary and completely independent of the MPSSAA-sponsored, modified competitive seasons that are slated to start in December of 2020. We look forward to safely welcoming back AACPS students to their campuses.
- FamilyID Registration Site
- Pre-Participation Physical
- Available Urgent Care Sports Physicals
- AACPS Fall Semester Out-of-Season Plan
- MPSSAA Two-Semester Plan
- For more information please visit: https://www.aacps.org/Page/8719
Our county goal is to accommodate every student who successfully registers with their school. Each coaching staff will facilitate a maximum of two groups of 50 (or 100 total).
- In the event more than 100 students register for a sport , we will work with coaches to add sessions (if feasible).
- In the event that extra sessions are not feasible, we will include returning student-athletes first and then select students for the remaining available slots using a fair lottery system. In this scenario the lottery system will be managed by the athletic department and school administration, using an unbiased, randomized process that provides each student in the lottery an equal opportunity to be chosen.
- Our Points of Emphasis are Participation, School-Community Engagement, and Social-emotional Support.
- Our schedule is structured such that all spring sports will be given an opportunity to participate.
- Attendance and tracking will be done on a county-approved process.
- All activity will be outside (will adjust for inside later if allowable).
- Everyone involved will maintain social distance of least 6 feet whenever feasible.
- Everyone involved will wear masks whenever they are not engaged in physical exertion.
- Everyone will bring their own water bottles, towels, and equipment whenever feasible.
General Scheduling Information
Each spring program will conduct no more than three in person practices per week for a period of three weeks (11/16 – 12/5). Schedules for these practices will be determined in conjunction with our administration and communicated through a virtual meeting during the week of 11/11 -11/14. Times, date, and links to the sport specific virtual meetings will be posted on www.broadneckathletics.org by the end of the day on Monday, 11/9. Please email the head coach of specific programs if there are questions that pertain only to that sport. There contact information can be found by clicking here: Head Coaches Directory
Please note that all students planning to participate in our 1st semester opportunities must separately register for each of the seasons that they plan to participate. This is a separate registration than was open for our fall sports. All student athletes must register at: https://www.familyid.com/organizations/broadneck-high-school
Our Spring Sports program will begin on Monday, November 16th. In order to participate all athletes must have completed the FamilyID registration process no later than 11pm on November 12th and provided evidence of a physical evaluation completed by a medical professional dated after November 15, 2019. No hard copies of the physical will be accepted.
The physical should be done using the approved AACPS physical form and it must be:
- complete, including clearance to participate in sports
- signed and stamped by the physician.
- Physicals should be submitted electronically as you are registering your child for their specific fall sport. If a physical was submitted upon registering for fall sports earlier in the summer and it was approved, it is valid for the entire SY 2020-2021.
- Hard copies of physicals will NOT be accepted. Uploading them electronically is the preferred method, but if necessary they can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice of approval of both registrations and physicals will be sent from Broadneck’s athletic department throughout the registration period.
- No student will be able to participate without completed registration and an approved physical.
- Physicals should NOT be given to individual sport coaches at any time.