AACPS has released the following statement regarding the current state of athletics in our area:
Fall Semester Out-of-Season Plan (updated 10/7/2020)
AACPS Athletics and Broadneck High School look forward to offering participation opportunities, a sense of school-community engagement, and social-emotional support to student-athletes across the county this semester. After more than six months since spring season practices and scrimmages abruptly ended last March, we are honored to safely re-engage with staff and students, both on our campuses and virtually. We are transitioning to a return to high school athletics in a way that may not feel “normal,” but that excites us to move forward. We will be following MPSSAA approved “out-of-season” procedures and protocols that have been vetted by the Anne Arundel County Department of Health. We want to be clear that there is no pressure for anyone to participate in these sessions. Participation in our fall semester plans is voluntary and independent of the MPSSAA-sponsored, competitive seasons. We look forward to safely welcoming students back to AACPS Athletics!
DATES & REGISTRATION:
Please note that all students planning to participate in our 1st semester opportunities must separately register for each of the seasons that they plan to participate. This is a separate registration than was open during the summer months. All student athletes must register at: https://www.familyid.com/programs/2020-fall-sports-registration-1st-semester-on-campus-only
- Fall Sports = October 19th through November 14th
- Registration opens by October 9th and closes at 5 pm October 15th (through FamilyID; physicals required)
- Spring Sports = November 16th through December 19th
- Registration opens by November 6th and closes at 5pm on November 12th (through FamilyID; physicals required)
- Winter Sports = January 4th through January 30th
- Registration opens by December 15th and closes at 5pm on December 22nd (through FamilyID; physicals required)
Note: In the event these plans are impacted by the MPSSAA competitive seasons we will modify and adjust accordingly.
Participation Numbers. Our county goal is to accommodate every student who successfully registers with their school. Each coaching staff will facilitate a minimum of two groups of 50 (or 100 total). The exception is football, where up to 3 groups (or 150 total) will be accommodated.
- In the event more than 100 students register for a sport (or 150 for football), schools may work with coaches to add sessions (if feasible).
- In the event that extra sessions are not feasible, schools will include returning student-athletes first and then select students for the remaining available slots using a fair lottery system. In this scenario the lottery system will be managed by the athletic department and school administration, using an unbiased, randomized process that provides each student in the lottery an equal opportunity to be chosen.
Please click on the below links for complete details:
- Fall Semester Out-of-Season Plan
- MPSSAA Two-Semester Plan
- For more information please visit: https://www.aacps.org/Page/8719