As we close out the 2019-2020 school year, it is time to begin to plan for our 2020-2021 school year, and fall sports are a huge part of that. Although things are changing everyday in our current climate, we are planning for a “normal” opening for our fall athletics season. This, of course, is subject to change as we will always follow the direction and policies set forth by AACPS, MPSSAA, and MSDE. If and when modifications are announced, we will communicate them as soon as we can.
Below is all of the information needed to register, tryout, and participate in our fall sports program. Game schedules can be found on our website on the home page for each of our fall teams. Those schedules that are not listed are still awaiting confirmation and will be updated throughout the summer. Questions or concerns specific to an individual program or sport should be directed to head varsity coaches; their contact information is listed with the details for each of them.
- Monday, June 15th: Registration opens on FamilyID – See details below
- Monday, August 10th: Registration closes on FamilyID – Students who have not registered and submitted an approved physical (post-dated 6/1/2020) will miss the first day of tryouts
- Wednesday, August 12th : 1st day of tryouts for all sports except unified tennis
- Wednesday, August 19th: Fall Sports “Meet the Coaches” meeting – 7pm in the auditorium – Details for this event will be posted as it gets closer
General Tryout Information
PRIOR TO ALL BROADNECK SPORTS TRYOUTS, all athletes must complete the following:
- Parent/Guardian completes FamilyID Registration
- Find out how to register for FamilyID HERE.
- Completed physical examination by a doctor or registered nurse – Please have them complete the approved form that is found by clicking on the link below.
- Completed physical forms should be uploaded to your child’s registration on FamilyID.
- Pre-Participation Forms: can be found at https://broadneckathletics.org/pre-participation-athletic-forms/
- Each athlete is required to have a new physical each year (June 1 to June 1 of the upcoming or current school year).
- Obtaining the physical exams is the responsibility of the parent and athlete.
- Physicals should be filled out on a Board of Education physical examination form and uploaded to their FamilyID registration.
- Broadneck’s athletic administration will review each registration and send messaging regarding your child’s current status (approval for tryouts or steps needed to complete the process).
FamilyID Registration Instructions
- FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our athletic programs, while also helping us to be more efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile so that you only enter your information once for multiple uses, multiple family members and multiple programs. Don’t forget to remember your login information when creating a FamilyID account.
INFORMATION NEEDED TO REGISTER: It will be helpful to have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration.
- Insurance Provider and Policy Number
- Family Physician and Phone Number
- Dentist and Phone Number
- PHYSICAL EXAMS: A physical exam must be current (dated after June 1, of the upcoming/current school year) and signed by the physician. It should be uploaded with your child’s registration by either scanning and attaching a document or attaching a picture of both pages of the physical form.
A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link: https://www.familyid.com/broadneck-high-school
- Under the “Programs” title, click on the link for the program you want to sign up for. Scroll to the bottom of the page to either Sign Up if this is your first time using FamilyID, or Log In if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Sign Up for your secure FamilyID account by entering your family name, email address and password. You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your spam or junk folders.)
- Click on the link in your email for activation. This will log you in to FamilyID.
- If you do not return to the registration form, click ‘Find Programs’ to retrieve the form. Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. When you have completed the form, click the “Save & Continue” button.
- Review your registration summary and click the green “Add to Cart” button.
- On the next page, select “Confirm Registration”.
- You will receive an email receipt from email@example.com. You can also view your completed registration in your ‘Registration’ tab. You can log into https://www.familyid.com at any time to update your information and to check your registration(s). You will also receive messaging from Broadneck’s athletic administration that alerts you to your students current status for tryouts.
- SUPPORT: You can always find your programs at www.familyid.com by clicking “Find Programs” in the top blue banner and searching for our organization name. If you need to contact our office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sport Specific Information
Boys Soccer – Head Coach: Sean Tettemer – Email: email@example.com
- Join the Bruins Boys Soccer Google Classroom using AACPS student account code: bjphmrv
- Please also refer to the following documents for more information:
Boys and Girls Cross Country – Head Coach: Brianna Bostic – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Country Information Google Meet will be on Thursday July 2. You must be signed in under your AACPS account to join. The code to join will be: bhsxc – The times for each grade are below:
- Thursday July 2 at 4:00 pm: Seniors
- Thursday July 2 at 4:30 pm: Juniors
- Thursday July 2 at 5:00 pm: Sophomores
- Thursday July 2 at 5:30 pm: Incoming Freshman
- 1st Day of Tryouts (August 12): Meet in the main gym lobby at 8 am prepared to participate in physical activity – Please bring plenty of water
- For all other information please email Coach Bostic
Cheerleading – Head Coach: Dakota Richardson-Lau – Email: email@example.com
- Day 1 specifics: White shirt, black shorts, cheerleading shoes. Everything else will be addressed tryouts on the first day
- Please also refer to the following documents for more information:
Field Hockey – Head Coach: Shannon Hanratty – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Bruins Field Hockey Google Classroom by emailing Coach Hanratty!
- Please also click to the following link to for more information:
Football – Head Coach: Rob Harris – Email: email@example.com
- 1st Day of Tryouts: cleats, maroon shorts, white shirt and your own water or Gatorade. There will be no access to the field house
- August 12-15: 7 am – 10 am – Those trying out for varsity will have “walk thru” at 1pm each day.
- August 17-21, 24-26 and August 29: 7 am – 10 am – Varsity will have “walk thru” at 1pm each day – No practices on Sunday
- August 27: practice will be from 3 pm – 6 pm for both JV and Varsity
- Starting August 31 and through the rest of the season, practice will be everyday after school from 2:45 – 5 pm
Girls Soccer – Head Coach: Jon Camm – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all information please join the Bruins Girls Soccer Google Classroom – To join please contact Coach Camm
- 1st Day of Tryouts (August 12): All players meet at Kelly field at 7 am – Tryouts will be from 7 – 10 am on the first day
Golf – Head Coach: Devin Gardner – Email: email@example.com
- 1st Day of Tryouts (August 12): Meet at Severna Park Golf Center at 11am – Please come with your golf clubs and plenty of water
- For all other information please email Coach Gardner
Unified Tennis – Head Coach: Greg Baron – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st Day of Tryouts (September 14): Please make sure to register during the summer but unified tennis will not start until September 14th
- There will be interest meetings as soon as we return to school – They will advertised during the first week of school
- For all other information please email Coach Baron
Volleyball – Head Coach: Tracey Regalbuto – Email: email@example.com
- 1st Day of Tryouts (August 12): Freshmen and transfers- 9am-12pm – All returning players- 1pm-4pm
- August 13th and 14th – All players- 4:30pm-7:30pm
- What to bring/wear: Water bottle – t-shirt – shorts/spandex shorts – Volleyball shoes and/or athletic sneakers – Knee Pads (if you have them) – No jewelry or anything on wrists
- What to expect: Tryouts will consist of all volleyball skills drills, various physical fitness exercises, and game play. Each athlete is graded on a rubric scale of all skills and those with the highest scores will be on the varsity team and the 2nd tier scores will be on the JV team. There will be 12-14 players on each team. On the last day of tryouts the coaches will speak to each athlete to inform them if they have made a team or if we are unable to offer them a spot on a team.