As we reach the time that we would have been hosting our spring sports senior night celebrations had the season not been interrupted, we would like to take a moment to honor this outstanding group of 2020 senior student-athletes. Today we honor our Unified Bocce 2020 senior class.
Broadneck Bruins Unified Bocce Seniors 2020
Coach Baron reflects on the Class of 2020:
“This season’s Unified Bocce Ball seniors are a memorable class, to say the least. Many of our seniors have been playing Bocce Ball for their entire high school careers. Their dedication to the sport and each other as teammates is extremely commendable. Unified Bocce Ball is by no means a highly recruited sport. In fact, none of my players in my 10 years of coaching has ever been recruited to play in college. That speaks volumes for the character of the athletes and partners who invest their time and energy in this sport. They do it for the love of being part of something bigger than themselves. Their compassion and willingness to help their classmates supersede their desire for recognition and accolades. The members of this graduating class are a very special breed. I wish all of my seniors the best of luck for a very bright and successful future, and from the bottom of my heart, I thank you.”
Bruin Unified Bocce Seniors:
Casey Barrick – 5 years in the program – 5 year varsity member
- Casey is one of a kind! He always puts his best foot forward and keeps his teammates entertained with a song or good joke. He is quite skilled at bocce ball as well. Casey plans to attend Anne Arundel Community College.
Emma Crawford – 2 years in the program – 1 year varsity member
- Emma is a delightful young woman who always has a smile on her face and is always ready and willing to help her team. She plans to attend the University of North Carolina Wilmington and major in Exercise Science.
Gabe Galloway – 4 years in the program – 4 year varsity member
- Gabe is another bright spot on the team. He always gives his best effort and is a joy to be around. He plans to go to college and study biology and geology to become a paleontologist.
Natalie Gatton – 3 years in the program – 3 year varsity member
- Natalie is committed to her teammates with special needs. She is always willing to put their interests ahead of her own. Natalie plans to attend Towson University and major in Elementary Education and Special Education.
Kaitlyn Glennon – 2 years in the program – 2 year varsity member
- Kaitlyn is a valued member of the team. She is always willing to help and has a positive outlook. She plans to attend Salisbury University with a major in veterinary sciences.
Tristan Hogan – 4 years in the program – 4 year varsity member
- There are not enough words to describe Tristan. He was my right-hand man, my go-to. Without asking, Tristan would take care of it, whatever IT was. He was a true leader and ambassador and represented Broadneck very well. Tristan plans to attend Missouri State University.
Garrett Middleton – 4 years in the program – 4 year varsity member
- Garret is another senior who would help out wherever needed, and he would do it with a smile on his face. He will be missed on the team. He plans to attend Towson University.
Gavin Middleton – 3 years in the program – 3 year varsity member
- Gavin is a three-year player; I wish it was four. He was a huge help with getting the team engaged in setting up the equipment and scored many points while playing. Gavin plans to attend Towson University.
Kyle Reker – 1 year in the program – 1 year varsity member
- Kyle was a great addition to the team, playing only his senior year, but he showed great promise. He plans to work after graduation.
Jenna Remele – 3 years in the program – 3 year varsity member
- Jenna was another senior who could always bring a smile to the field. She was a valuable member for 3 years and played very well. Jenna plans to attend the University of Maryland.
Dominic Sages – 4 years in the program – 4 year varsity member
- Dominic was a star player the first time he walked onto the field. But greater than that, he is an amazing person. He lifts everyone around him with his warm, friendly personality and will certainly be missed on the team. Dominic plans to attend AACC after graduation.
Eric Stag – 5 years in the program – 5 year varsity member
- Eric was always entertaining. His sense of humor made everyone laugh and kept smiles on our faces. Eric will work at Anne Arundel Medical Center after graduation.
Rhianna Thomas – 3 years in the program – 3 year varsity member
- Rhianna was a wonderful addition to our team 3 years ago. She would do anything asked of her and assist in any way necessary. Rhianna plans to attend Hood College in the fall with a major in political science and a minor in nonprofits and civic engagement.
Emily Tuttle- 4 years in the program – 4 year varsity member
- Emily (Tutts) Tuttle was a ray of sunshine on our team. She always tried her best and enjoyed the company of her teammates. She was certainly a valued member of the team. Emily plans to attend AACC after graduation and work part-time.