As we reach the time that we would have been hosting our spring sports senior night celebrations had the season not been interrupted, we would like to take a moment to honor this outstanding group of 2020 senior student-athletes on our website over the course of the next few weeks. We will be releasing them as a team. Today we honor our tennis 2020 senior class.
Broadneck Bruins Tennis Seniors 2020
Coach Perrotta reflects on the Class of 2020:
“The 6 seniors and 1 junior (graduating early) in this years graduating tennis class are some of the finest student athletes in our school. Although they did not get to compete this season, they all started on the varsity tennis team as freshman and devoted their entire high school career to the team. With the highest cumulative grade point average of any sport in our school, including Valedictorian Julia Barrow, these tennis players excelled both on and off the court . I have no doubt that all 7 of these amazing student-athletes will go on to bigger and brighter things, continuing to impress me with their future endeavors. Broadneck Tennis, as well as all of Broadneck High School thanks them for all of their contributions to our community.”
Bruin Tennis Seniors:
Julia Barrow – 4 years in the program – 4 year varsity member
- Julia has our highest GPA and is tri-lingual (English, Italian and Spanish). She plans to attend the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill majoring in public policy. She played doubles on the starting line-up her junior and senior year.
Imani Brown – 4 years in the program – 4 year varsity member
- Imani will be attending Drexel University for their nursing program. She hopes to become a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner. She contributed in playing doubles throughout her tennis career.
Parker Brown – 4 years in the program – 4 year varsity member
- Parker is a Youtube “Parker Flips” sensation. He plans on going to University of South Florida to major in Pre-Optometry to become an optometrist. He played in the starting line-up all 4 years and qualified for States last year in mixed doubles.
Ella Levicki – 4 years in the program – 4 year varsity member
- Ella will be going to the University of South Carolina majoring in marine science. She hopes to work for organizations like NOAA or EPA. She represented the varsity team as our top girls singles player.
Aydan Nicholson – 4 years in the program – 4 year varsity member
- Aydan contributed to the varsity team in both singles and doubles. He is undecided although he has been accepted to Loyola, Temple, University of Miami and University of South Carolina. He plans to major in risk management with a minor in creative writing and film.
Ben Reisinger – 3 years in the program – 3 year varsity member
- Ben will be attending the University of Maryland as a Biology major. After graduating, he plans to attend medical school through the Army and then join the Army Medical Corps. He contributed to the starting line-up in boys doubles.
Lucy Wess – 4 years in the program – 4 year varsity member
- Lucy will be attending University of Maryland and is planning to double major in neuroscience and psychology possibly on the pre-medical track. She filled in both in doubles and in singles throughout her tennis career.