As we reach the time that we would have been hosting our spring sports senior night celebrations had the season not been interrupted, we would like to take a moment to honor this outstanding group of 2020 senior student-athletes on our website over the course of the next few weeks. We will be releasing them as a team. Today we honor our boys lacrosse 2020 senior class.
Broadneck Bruins Boys Lacrosse Seniors 2020
Coach McGuire reflects on the Class of 2020:
“The 2020 senior class has set a new standard for Broadneck Bruins Lacrosse. This class has made the transition for a new coach easy as well as exciting. The 2020 class was challenged to better themselves starting in September and they met every challenge with a ‘Blue collar’ mentality. The theme for the 2020 season is E.D.G.E. (Every Day Give Everything). While our season was a short 2 weeks, this class gave their all every day. The example this class has set for the underclassmen has provided a foundation of hard work and discipline that will live on for years to come. The 2020 class was also able to leave their program better than they found it by providing white helmets for years to come after a sweet victory in the Fall STX Rivals Challenge! The coaching staff cannot wait to follow the journey of these boys as they become great men!”
Bruin Boys Lacrosse Seniors:
Ethan Banachoski – 4 years in the program – 2 year varsity member
- Ethan never shies away from a challenge and pushes his teammates to be better players. Ethan made an impact on both sides of the field during his career while being a menace on ground balls and tough defense. Ethan will be attending community college and then plans on transferring to Coastal Carolina University.
Collin Booberg – 4 years in the program – 2 year varsity member
- Collin has been the catalyst for fun within this senior class. Collin is always smiling and brings a positive attitude to the locker room. Collin is attending LSU in the fall. He will study Actuarial Science. He is planning to play club lacrosse at LSU. Collin was a four-year varsity Cross Country runner – serving as Captain senior year. Collin was also a two-year varsity runner for Winter Track. He qualified for states for both XC and Winter Track each of his varsity years. Collin also served on Broadneck’s athletic leadership council for two years. Collin received the Hinkleman Scholarship from The Siemon Company. Collin received the following awards throughout his sports career at BHS: Most Improved Award – 2017 – 2018 Indoor Track, Unsung Hero Award – 2018 – 2019 Cross Country, Coaches Award – 2019 – 2020 Cross Country, and the 4-Year Varsity Letter Award – 2019 -2020 Cross Country.
Bubba Bowen – 4 years in the program – 3 year varsity member
- Bubba has made an impact on the lacrosse program with his charismatic energy and maturity. Bubba has worked during 2019-20 season to improve all aspects of his game. Bubba is a guiding force for the underclassmen, and is always there when they need some inspiration. Bubba was selected as a captain for the 2020 season. Bubba will be playing lacrosse at Randolph Macon College and has received the Presidential Scholarship. Bubba was also the Senior Lead for the ‘Fish for a Cure’ Junior Board.
Casey Domanski – 4 years in the program – 4 year varsity member
- Casey has grown into an exceptional leader and makes those around him better. Casey continually looks for opportunities to improve his game. He is one of the top offensive players in our area and the entire state. Casey set the tone in the weight room this Fall/Winter. Casey was selected as a team captain in 2020 and will be playing lacrosse at Mount St. Mary’s.
Grant Feick– 4 years in the program – 2 year varsity member
- Grant has been a pleasure to work with during his senior year and always displayed a positive attitude. Grant pushed his teammates during the off-season and was willing to step up in any way asked of him. Grant will attend Miami University of Ohio Farmers School of Business for Marketing. Grant was an Honor Roll student, member of the Golf team, and was the 2018 junior varsity lacrosse captain.
Hayden Gourley – 4 years in the program – 4 year varsity member
- Hayden represents Broadneck to the fullest by doing what is right all the time. Hayden never misses a workout and is extremely coachable. Hayden leads by example and set the tone for future Bruins with his leadership. Hayden is committed to play lacrosse at Bridgewater College and has received the McKinney ACE Scholarship.
Isaiah Jacobs – 4 years in the program – 3 year varsity member
- Isaiah or ‘Ice’ has made an impact on the Bruins lacrosse program. Isaiah is extremely coachable and brings 100% every single day to whatever he is doing. He demonstrates that hard work and diligence are the main ingredients that lead to improvement. He represents all that it means to “Play Like A Bruin.” Isaiah will be attending Roanoke college in the fall.
Brendan Kennedy – 4 years in the program – 3 year varsity member
- Brendan (‘BK’) has been quite the presence on many of Broadneck’s athletics teams during his remarkable career. A 3-sport athlete, BK is a spark plug in any competition he takes on and makes sure those around him are always having fun. BK will be playing lacrosse at UMBC while majoring in Finance. BK is a Principal’s honor roll student and a 2-year member of Broadneck’s athletic leadership council. BK also played Football and Basketball all 4 years.
Ben McGrady – 4 years in the program – 3 year varsity member
- Ben has had a successful career as a Bruin both on and off the field. Ben will play lacrosse at SUNY Maritime College while pursuing a bachelor’s in engineering in Naval Architecture with a Coast Guard License. Ben was 2nd Team All County in 2019 and an honor roll student. When Ben was not on the lacrosse field, he was an intern at the Coast Guard Yard in Baltimore.
Dan Shea – 4 years in the program – 3 year varsity member
- Dan has been a reliable leader within the Bruin lacrosse program. Dan never missed an opportunity to get better and make those around him make the right choice. Dan was selected as a captain for the 2020 season. Dan will be playing lacrosse at the United States Coast Guard Academy. Dan is an honor roll student and was also a 4-year member of the football team as well as a member of Broadneck’s athletic leadership council.
Gavin Walker – 4 years in the program – 2 year varsity member
- Gavin is one of the more selfless players on the Bruins roster. Gavin always finds ways to encourage others and help them even when he is not having the best day himself. Gavin will attend West Virginia University, and has been accepted to the Statler College of Engineering to major in mechanical engineering. Gavin received a scholarship from Northrop Grumman through his completion of 2 Year Engineering Mentorship (HIP Program). Gavin also completed the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab Internship (1 Year).